Locabiotal spray contains the active ingredient fusafungine.
What is it used for?
- Nose and throat infections
How does it work?
- Locabiotal spray contains the active ingredient fusafungine.
- Fusafungine is a medicine with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It prevents the growth and replication of a variety of bacteria and some fungi (candida albicans). It therefore controls the spread of infection by these organisms.
- Fusafungine has also been shown to have some ability to reduce inflammation. It is not fully understood how fusafungine produces these effects.
- It is used in the treatment of infections and inflammation of the nasal passages, sinuses, mouth and throat (upper respiratory tract).
- Avoid contact of this medicine with the eyes.
- Consult your doctor if after seven days of treatment with this medicine there is little or no improvement in your symptoms.
- Prolonged use of an anti-infective may result in the development of superinfection due to micro-organisms, including fungi, resistant to that anti-infective.
Not to be used in
- Known sensitivity or allergy to any ingredient
- This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to one or any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.
If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.
The safety of this medicine during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been established. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
- Dryness of the nose and throat
- Unpleasant taste
- Asthma attack
The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the drug's manufacturer.
For more information about any other possible risks associated with this medicine, please read the information provided with the medicine or consult your doctor or pharmacist.
How can this medicine affect other medicines?
- There are no interactions reported with this medicine.