Liquivisc eye gel contain the active ingredient carbomer, which is a type of medicine known as an eye lubricant. It is used for the treatment of the symptoms of dry eye (such as soreness, burning, irritation or dryness) caused by your eye not producing enough tears to keep the eye wet.
What is it used for?
- Dry eye conditions.
- Dryness of the eye surface (cornea) and lining of the eye socket (conjunctiva) due to reduced tear production (keratoconjunctivitis sicca).
How does it work?
- Viscotears eye gel contain the active ingredient carbomer, which is a type of medicine known as an eye lubricant. It is used for the treatment of the symptoms of dry eye (such as soreness, burning, irritation or dryness) caused by your eye not producing enough tears to keep the eye wet.
- Carbomer is a synthetic polymer that forms a viscous eye gel.
Not to be used in
- Known sensitivity or allergy to any ingredient.
- This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.
If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.
- The safety of this medicine during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been established. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Just because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
- Irritation of the eye.
- Blurred vision after application.
- Temporary burning or sticky sensation in the eye.
- The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the medicine's manufacturer.
For more information about any other possible risks associated with this medicine, please read the information provided with the medicine or consult your doctor or pharmacist.
How can this medicine affect other medicines?
If you are using any other eye drops you should apply them first and then wait for at least five minutes before using this eye gel.
This medicine has not been reported to affect any other medicines.